This heritage listed building for Children’s Garden Kindercare was originally a railway station for commuters which connected from Melbourne to St. Kilda during the late 1800’s. Recently, the run down building was restored to its glory and transformed for the purpose of a Childcare facility.
The transformation involved refurbishment of the entire building’s interior and additions to the south east side of the building. Additions included a newly fitted kitchen and toilet blocks made suitable for childcare purposes. The former deck located near the garden was demolished and rebuilt for expansion to the outdoor play area. Strict heritage regulations needed to be adhered to throughout the entire design and construction process. The final result well matched the clients brief.